Transformers are dedicated to working with, among other things, low-voltage halogen lamps. They operate in the full range of power from 0W to a nominal value and no minimum load is required for proper operation. This functionality is ensured by a state-of-the-art method of load matching, and gives the user great flexibility when it comes to the type and number of lights connected to the electronic transformer. Other electronic transformers always have a minimum load value, which imposes a minimum number of lights, below which the system will no longer function properly.
Transformers can also be successfully used to energise 12V LED lamps if the lamp manufacturer ensures correct operation with electronic transformers.
The design of transformers allows you to
- connect at any load e.g. 1W in the event of using light-emitting diodes*
- operate with lighting dimmers – both leading-edge (TRIAC) and trailing-edge (transistor)
- adjust the light intensity within the full range from 0% to 100%,
- connect many transformers to a single dimmer
- enjoy a doubled life of halogen lamps, which is possible with a precisely set supply voltage of 11.5V. Unlike conventional transformers, Govena transformers are free from drawbacks, such as output-voltage spread and current surge when switching on.
- reduced energy consumption – high efficiency (95%) results in minimum energy loss and thus lower energy consumption
- connection to a single 4 mm2 cable terminal
- installation in recessed structures with an undetermined flammability classification of the base, e.g. furniture
- instant installation without additional materials.
*Observe the recommendations of the light-source manufacturer due to the nature of the AC output voltage at a frequency of approx. 30kHz
All types of transformers are equipped with
- short-circuit protection
- overload protection (load > 200% Pn)
- surge protection
- returnable thermal protection (switch-off temp. 100°C).
These protection devices do not damage the system (they turn it off automatically) and when abnormal conditions no longer exist, the electronic transformer will function properly (it switches on automatically). This guarantees a completely failure-free operation.
Quality and safety guarantee
- Each item is tested before being sent to the customer
- Non-flammable casing successfully used in the furniture industry and utility spaces
- Insulated terminals
- Galvanic separation.
Convenience of use
- Rapid assembly with screws installed in the casing
- Small size and weight
- Quiet operation
It is not allowed to switch between the electronic transformer and the light source.
LED sources can be energised with YT transformers
The manufacturer of LED sources should provide information on the capability of energising LED sources directly from the transformer; otherwise it is necessary to use the KYT50 converter or use the TE electronic transformer.